4 Documents you need to prepare for arrival if you’re entering Canada on the IEC visa

4 Documents you need to prepare for arrival if you’re entering Canada on the IEC visa
4 Documents you need to prepare for arrival if you’re entering Canada on the IEC visa 
International Experience Canada (IEC) is a temporary residence visa allowing applicants to work and live in Canada. These are offered by the federal government of Canada to applicants generally between 18 to 35 years of age. This visa is available only to nationals for citizens of certain countries with whom Canada has signed reciprocal agreements.
Eligible applicants can apply through an online profile. Selected applicants will be selected from pools of eligible applicants who will be issued Invitations to Apply(ITA). Once selected, you will be required to submit additional documents as part of the application. If approved, applicants may be issued a visa of a duration of up to 2 years depending on the program.
As part of this process, you will generally be required to ensure that you have the following documentation: 
  1. Proof of Health Insurance – This must cover your medical care, hospitalization, and repatriation. Always remember that the Canadian immigration does not accept provincial insurance as it does not cover repatriation. If you have health insurance whose validity is shorter than your expected stay, you’ll be issued a work permit that expires on the same date as your health insurance. 
  2. Proof of funds – You will need to provide evidence of your ability to pay for your accommodation, food, and transportation at least for the first three months of your stay in the country. You must present a bank statement saying that you have at least C$2,500, and it should be issued no more than one week before your departure for Canada. Should you have over C$10,500 in your account, you are legally obliged to disclose it to the border officers; failing to do so may result in border interrogations, fine, and worse, imprisonment.
  3. A departure ticket. Since the IEC visa is  a temporary residence visa, you may be required to provide evidence of your intended departure date and details for your return ticket to your home country. You can also provide legal documents that prove that you are financially capable of buying a departure ticket in case you haven’t purchased a ticket yet.
  4. Original copies of all your travel documents. It means all the documents you submitted in your initial application. It could be your passport, birth certificate, diploma, or work-related certificates. A photocopy would automatically be rejected. Any differences between the original document including typographical error to validity dates and the one submitted in the initial application may urge the border officers to deem either document fake. The government of Canada encourages you to double-check your documents not only before arriving in Canada but also before applying for a visa.
Nationals eligible for IEC are the following:
  1. Australia  
  2. Austria     
  3. Belgium
  4. Chile         
  5. Costa Rica
  6. Croatia
  7. Czech Republic    
  8. Denmark 
  9. Estonia
  10. France      
  11. Germany 
  12. Greece
  13. Hong Kong
  14. Ireland     
  15. Italy
  16. Japan       
  17. Korea       
  18. Latvia
  19. Lithuania 
  20. Netherlands         
  21. New Zealand
  22. Norway    
  23. Poland      
  24. Slovakia
  25. Slovenia   
  26. Spain        
  27. Sweden
  28. Switzerland          
  29. Taiwan     
  30. United Kingdom
 About Migration Expert:
Migration Expert is the visa & immigration consulting company of choice in Australia, Canada, the UK and the US. Their registered consultants provide expert legal counsel for all aspects of immigration law, including family-sponsored immigration, employment-sponsored immigration, investment immigration, temporary visas for work and college, permanent residence, citizenship, consular visa processing, waivers. Interested in living, working, studying or traveling to Australia, Canada, the UK or the US? Contact Migration Expert, a widely recognized immigration consulting company. Visit our website at migrationexpert.ca or phone for a consultation with a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) at 1.416.488.9500.
Want more useful content about the IEC program, migrating to Canada and other visa-related matters? Sign-up for updates on our website for helpful and timely content and updates.

0 Comment

Leave a Comment.